Foreign School Trips/Visites scolaires
Kents Cavern is a spectacular natural cave on the coast of South Devon, England with an incredible history that began 400 million years ago.
The cave was used by Britain's first humans including Neanderthals. Remains of mammoth, woolly rhino and cave bears are found here.
Our award winning attraction, with a café and gift shop, is a short walk from local beaches and the beautiful South West Coastal path. Kents Cavern is Britain's most accessible cave, in an urban setting, and we specialise in educational group and school visits, particularly from France, Germany and Spain. We operate on a guided tour basis and our guides are trained to work with large student groups. Torquay is a fantastic seaside resort to bring students with excellent host family facilities and lots of language schools!
Kents Cavern is a gateway for UNESCO's English Riviera Global Geopark in Torquay, the birthplace of Agatha Christie, the World's most published crime writer.
The tour of the cave gives an amazing insight into Ice Age life and an opportunity to see naturally formed chambers, stunning geological formations and to walk through an underground world that was home to Europe's first human populations.
Download a guide for your visit!
|Daytime heritage tour||£5.00 per student|
|Cave tour and traditional cream tea||£9.00 per student|
|Cave tour and traditional fish n' chips||£15.00 per student|
|Summer Ghost Show||£5.00 per student|
To book call +44 1803 215136 or email email@example.com or if you're in the area drop in and evaluate the caves for free!
Daytime heritage tour
Take a trip around the cave with one of our specially trained tour guides and learn about Kents Caverns ancient past.
- Leaders and teachers are free!
- Free coach parking on site
- Kents Cavern fact sheets available in French, Spanish, German and Italian
- Tours available 9:30 to 11:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 (other times available on request), seven days a week, all year round!
Cave and food – regional specialities
Many groups prefer to combine the cave tour with local food; why not try it?
- Cave tour and traditional Devonian cream tea
- Traditional fish n' chips from an award winning local supplier
Looking for something less educational? Book our summer evening Ghost Show – it's sure to give your students a night to remember!
- Ghost show runs in July and August (Wed to Fri from 20:00pm)
- All leaders are free!
- Free onsite parking
Combination day trips
Why not plan a whole day of activities! We’ll even organise it for you.
- Kents Cavern and Geopark Coastal Cruise
- Kents Cavern and Torquay Museum
- Kents Cavern and traditional Steam Train