OPEN EVERY DAY - Covid Secure
Kents Cavern is a Covid Secure environment operated in accordance with latest Government guidance and industry standards, updated on 1st October 2020. Guided cave tours operate with significantly reduced numbers. The restaurant is table service.
When visiting Kents Cavern, when not seated you must wear a face-covering (mask or shield). This is not required outdoors.
You must pre-book cave tours.
Please note: Kents Cavern leaflets and local guide books you may pick up were printed before the pandemic and we have had to transform the Kents Cavern experience. What you see on this website is kept up to date.
The following measures will be in place to ensure you have a comfortable and welcoming experience.
CHANGES TO CAVE TOURS
- The only way to see Kents Cavern is on a guided cave tour
- Tour sizes are limited
- All tickets must be pre-booked online
- Pre-booked tickets are for a specified tour time
- The number of cave tours available each day is limited
FACILITIES ON SITE
- The café is open daily from 9:30 with table service
- Seating in the restaurant is reduced for socially distancing
- There is plenty of outdoor seating
- Contactless till points and payments (cash is also accepted)
- The outdoor Woodland trail area is open
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- Book your tickets online
- Aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour you have selected
- Prices: £12 per person, children under 2 free but must be carried
- Face-coverings are required in the caves and when moving around the visitor centre
- Detailed visitor information can be found here.
- Car parking charge is unchanged at £2 for 4 hours
- If anyone in your group is showing any Covid-19 symptoms we respectfully ask that you do not visit
WHAT TO EXPECT ON ARRIVAL
- Airy and spacious visitor reception area
- Reassuring and trained staff
- Restricted numbers with limited queuing
- Clear social distancing signage in the visitor centre and underground
- Social distancing in the caves managed by your tour guide
- Hand sanitisation stations
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Enhanced and consistent cleaning regimes
- Handwashing facilities
- Non-contact interactions with staff
- Pre-planned customer flows
- Fully trained and knowledgeable staff
- PPE for all staff
- Daily health checks for all staff
- The expiry date on all annual memberships has been extended by 4 months
- Annual members can email: [email protected] or call us on 01803 215136 to book a tour time.
- The sale of new, and renewal of, memberships has been temporarily suspended
DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AND COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS
- All discount vouchers and money off coupons cannot be used until 30th September 2020
- Any free or complimentary tickets issued before Lockdown can be used after 30th September 2020. Expiry dates will be extended by 4 months
- To use a complimentary ticket after 30th September, email: [email protected] or call us on 01803 215136 to book a tour time.