Updated 11th July 2020, subject to change.
Kents Cavern is open!
Here are some of the changes you need to know about to make your Kents Cavern experience comfortable and welcoming.
The most important change is that you now have to pre-book cave tours.
Please note: Kents Cavern leaflets and local guide books you may pick up were printed before the pandemic and we have had to transform the Kents Cavern experience. What you see on this website is kept up to date.
The following measures will be in place to ensure you have a comfortable and welcoming experience.
CHANGES TO CAVE TOURS
- The only way to see Kents Cavern is on a guided cave tour.
- The maximum number of guests on each guided cave tour will be only 10 people
- All tickets must be pre-booked online
- Pre-booked tickets will be for a specified tour time
- The number of cave tours available each day will be limited
- Dedicated tours times with reduced numbers to assist vulnerable people
FACILITIES ON SITE
- The café will serve drinks, grab-‘n-go food and packaged products
- Indoor seating for the café is not currently permitted. Outdoor seating is available
- Contactless till points and payments
- The outdoor Woodland trail area will be open
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- Cave tour tickets are £12 per person
- Children under 2 free and must be carried
- Book your cave tour tickets online here.
- Detailed visitor information can be found here.
- Car parking charge is unchanged at £2 for 4 hours
- If anyone in your group is showing any Covid-19 symptons we respectfully ask that you do not visit
WHAT TO EXPECT ON ARRIVAL
- Airy and spacious visitor reception area
- Reassuring and trained staff
- Restricted numbers with limited queuing
- Clear social distancing signage in the visitor centre and underground
- Social distancing in the caves managed by your tour guide
- Hand sanitisation stations
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Enhanced and consistent cleaning regimes
- Handwashing facilities
- Non-contact interactions with staff
- Pre-planned customer flows
- Packaged food, disposable cups and cutlery
- Fully trained and knowledgeable staff
- PPE for all staff
- Daily health checks for all staff
- The expiry date on all annual memberships has been extended by 4 months
- Annual members can email: [email protected] or call us on 01803 215136 to book a tour time.
- The sale of new annual memberships has been temporarily suspended
DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AND COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS
- All discount vouchers and money off coupons can be used after 9th September 2020
- Complimentary tickets can be used after 9th September 2020. Expiry dates will be extended by 4 months
- To use a complimentary ticket after 9th September, email: [email protected] or call us on 01803 215136 to book a tour time.