Application DEADLINE MONDAY 4th june
Evening Cook - Wednesday to Saturday Evenings
Outline of job
This is a seasonal position (30 hours per week) with responsibility for serving/cooking food for our summer evening Ghost Show with occasional shifts in the daytime.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, a smart appearance and a confident and methodical approach to dealing with food. The candidate will also demonstrate a passion for selling and pleasing people. Previous experience in a “kitchen focused” hospitality business is essential.
The candidate will be required to lead the kitchen operation which will include cooking and preparing food. The candidate must be able to deliver consistent quality to varying number of visitors through the application of good preparation and planning.
- Preparing food, including baking and cooking following company procedures.
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific dietary concerns.
- Manages other employees in the kitchen.
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service.
- Operates various kitchen appliances such as an oven, grill, and fryers.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on customer preference.
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and following daily procedures and checklists.
- Consistently applying the highest standards with set portion control policies and defined procedures when preparing food.
- Labelling and implementing stock rotation and wastage controls in accordance with laid down procedures.
- A keen awareness of margins and cost control. Use of stock in the most effective way to minimise wastage and maximise profitability.
- The ordering of stock in the absence of the catering manager.
- Operation of the wash-up process.
The role requires the candidate to be able to work daytime and evening shifts on any day of the week. Peak visitors occur at weekends and during holiday periods. Leave is not permitted over bank holiday weekends and during school holidays. Any existing holiday commitments should be noted on your CV and we will take these into consideration when determining your suitability for the role.
How to apply
Deadline for applications is Monday 4th June