Yoga in the Caves
Join in a truly unique underground experience. Allow yourself to completely relax with no distractions, and just the gentle drip of water as background noise. As you drift off into your meditation, immerse yourself as your eyes follow the flow of the cave walls.
A mediation like no other, this unique session will leave you feeling truly peaceful and ready to conquer the day ahead. This unforgettable experience is suitable for all levels including beginners and is happening every Tuesday morning from 9am to 10am between the 18th April to the 13th June 2023. Booking is essential.
The class lasts 45 minutes and is suitable for all levels including beginners. We will start the class with a standing easy sequence to warm the muscles, mobilise the joints, regulate the breathing and prepare the mind.
Next we work through the poses/asanas. A unique experience in the setting of a cave. Imagine holding say a Tree Pose or Warrior 1 in such surroundings.
Finally the meditation/mindfulness. The caves offer a peaceful setting. No background noise and the height above you makes it all the more mesmerising. We will focus on chakras, mudras (hand gestures), some body scanning, visualisation or sounds to bring a sense of calm.
What to bring
Mats are provided and sanitized after each class and antibacterial wipes will be available. Yoga is practiced in bare feet mostly, but you are welcome to bring some warm socks for the meditation and maybe a warm top or shawl. The mats are positioned so that you have no one either side of you. The caves offer natural ventilation and a great sense of space around you. It may be a good idea to wear a long-sleeved top as the temperature in the caves is a constant 14C and although the Yoga practice will keep you warm, once seated for meditation warmer clothing might be helpful to keep you comfortable.
Hello, my name is Natasha Rogan and I teach Hatha Yoga. I have worked in the fitness industry for over 28years. Some of my qualifications gained include a Diploma in Hatha Yoga, Level 3 Fitness Instructor and I am trained in Pilates.
I live locally and I’m delighted to be using Kents Cavern's as a space for yoga as it is so unique and naturally beautiful. Yoga helps improve both your body and mind leaving you relaxed with a great sense of calm.
I am a member of Cimpsa. The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity. This means you can view my qualifications through their site and know my qualifications are recognised by a governing body.
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
1) Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2) Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3) In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4) Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5) Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in physical activity?
6) Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7) Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
- If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, please consult your doctor prior to the class.
- If you have answered NO to all the above questions, then you have reasonable assurance of your suitability for exercise.
£11 per person
|Times||9.00am to 10.00am|