Plan Your Visit
About your tour
Your guided tour will take you back to a time when the cave was home to ancient humans, sheltering from extreme weather, making fires, shaping tools and hunting prehistoric Ice Age animals. As you walk easily through the extensive labyrinth of caverns, you will experience a moment of total darkness, and be surrounded by 400 million year old rocks and spectacular cave formations. Kents Cavern is open all year, close to secluded beaches and coastal walks. It is one of Britain's few prehistoric heritage attractions and convenienlty situated in the heart of the UNESCO Global Geopark.
Book cave tour
We highly recommend booking your tickets online.
Main things you need to know:
- Access into the caves is with a guide.
- Tickets should be pre-purchased online.
- Walk-up tickets may be available but less likely at busy periods (school holidays).
- The Woodland Trail can be visited before or after the tour.
- Dogs can come on site but are not allowed in the caves or in the Woodlands.
- Please aim to arrive 15 minutes before the start time of the tour you have selected.
- Minimum of two required to operate a tour, solo travellers should select first tour of the day or one where less than 30 places are available.
Ticket includes the cave tour and access to all facitlies on site, including the Ice Age woodland animal trail.
The cave is an easy walk with mostly flat concrete surfaces and only 9 shallow steps. There is plenty of head room with no stooping required! Tours last about an hour and are guided.
Ice Age woodland animal trail
The Woodland Trail is open and included in the price. It includes various trails designed for children of all ages up to 12.
The cafe is open from 10am. There is plenty of outdoor seating.