Tour Operators and Private Groups
We're able to offer group visits all year round with some fantastic hospitality packages and combination offers. Contact us for a complimentary familiarisation visit - we'd love to show you round!
Kents Cavern is a spectacular natural cave on the coast of south Devon, England with an incredible history that began 400 million years ago. The cave was used by Britain’s first humans including Neanderthals. Remains of mammoth, woolly rhino and cave bears are found here.
The award-winning attraction, with a café and gift shop, is a short walk from local beaches and the beautiful South West Coast path. Kents Cavern is Britain’s most accessible cave, in an urban setting, we specialise in group visits and welcome all ages into the cave.
Kents Cavern is a gateway for UNESCO's English Riviera Global Geopark in Torquay, the birthplace of Agatha Christie, the World’s most published crime writer.
The tour of the cave gives an amazing insight into Ice Age life and an opportunity to see naturally formed chambers, stunning geological formations and to walk through an underground world that was home to Europe’s first humans.
Download our groups booklet to find out more.
We're happy to welcome any group all year round - prices start a £8pp, with some fantastic benefits as well.
- Free coach parking on site
- Tours available - 9:30 to 11:00 and 14:00 - 16:00 all year round, (other times available on request)
- All groups over 20 get a private tour
- Large restaurant facility with some fantastic hospitality packages
- Combination day trips available!
Caves and Cream Tea
Two homemade scones with local Devonian clotted cream tea enjoyed in our restaurant overlooking the beautiful Ilsham Valley
Coffee Biscuits and Cake
Hot drinks served with homemade cake and biscuits.
Homemade seasonal soup served with a roll and butter.
|Prices||With cave||Without cave|
|Cave Tour||£8.00 per person||N/A|
|Caves and Cream Tea||£12.00 per person||£4.50 per person|
|Coffee, Biscuits and Cake||£12.00 per person||£4.50 per person|
|Homemade Soup||£12.00 person||£4.50 per person (add sandwich for an extra £2 per person)|
Combination Day Trips
Plan a whole day with Devon’s beautiful English Riviera UNESCO Global Geopark, we can even organise it for you. Choose some of the options below or mix and match to find the perfect day out for your group.
Prices from £12.00 per person including VAT
- Kents Cavern and Geopark Coastal Cruise – explore the English Riviera Geopark by sea, 400 million years in the making!
- Kents Cavern and Torquay Museum – home of the Kents Cavern collection and oldest modern human bone in Britain.
- Kents Cavern and traditional Steam Train – enjoy a traditional steam train ride along a historic coastline and traditional view Devonian villages
- Kents Cavern and Torre Abbey – go back 800 years to medieval times in this ancient Abbey.
- Kents Cavern and guided walk of the South West Coastal Footpath – learn more about the incredible landscapes and specular views around the English Riviera UNESCO Global Geopark
Hire A Guide!
Take the stress out of your group visit and hire one of our entertaining tour guides specialising in the local knowledge and hidden gems of Torbay! Why not visit one of the suggested combination trips above.
Prices start from – £100 per group.